Courtesy of CarShare Vermont
CarShare Vermont Campus Outreach Intern
CarShare Vermont is looking for an organized, enthusiastic and
outgoing individual to join our team as our Campus Outreach intern.
This internship will be focused on coordinating and expanding
CarShare Vermont’s campus presence at the University of Vermont
and Champlain College, through participation in campus events,
taking on a variety of communication and marketing tasks, and
educating the student body about the benefits of sustainable
transportation. This is an excellent opportunity for those who wish to
gain experience working with a mission driven and community
This position will report to Alicia Taylor, CarShare Vermont’s Dir. of
Community Engagement, and will work under the guidance and
support of staff and board members.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
● Serve as our campus ambassador and help identify new
student-focused outreach opportunities that connect the
organization to the campus community.
● Represent CarShare Vermont at relevant events on UVM and
Champlain campuses, including at resource fairs, campus
tablings, and other events with a transportation or environment
● Coordinate the distribution of posters and flyers, both on
campus and throughout Burlington and Winooski.
● Assist with CarShare Vermont’s social media presence.
● Coordinate presentations to student clubs, organizations, and
at other relevant opportunities.
● Assist the staff at the downtown office with light administrative
and communication tasks.
● Interest and commitment towards our mission. An academic
focus or personal commitment towards sustainable
transportation and environmental practices is a plus!
● Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and
confidence when speaking to individuals and groups
● Highly organized with a good eye for detail
● Responsible and able to work independently
● Must be reliable, punctual, and professional
● Knowledge of basic computer use required.
● An interest and knowledge of social media (particularly
Facebook and Instagram). Having experience creating or
administering pages or accounts for other organizations is a
● Ability to attend meetings and participate in activities at our
downtown office including occasional night and weekend
● A willingness to use the bus, bike, or walk to events when
Applicants must also be eligible for membership with CarShare
Vermont. Requirements for membership include having a valid
driver’s license, two years of driving experience, and a clean driving
record. Existing and past CarShare Vermont members preferred!
This position will average four (4) hours per week, and begin in early
October. The ideal candidate will be available for the entire academic
year. Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and
resume to email@example.com.
Please note that while this internship is unpaid, a free annual
membership to CarShare Vermont and $150 monthly driving credit
stipend will be awarded. There is also the possibility for continued
growth within the organization for the right candidate. We would also
be happy to work towards the candidate receiving academic credit
for this internship.