Grants of up to $1,200 are available for youth leaders ages 5-25 across the U.S. to turn their ideas into action and make an impact on the issue of childhood hunger on Global Youth Service Day (GYSD) – April 17-19, 2020 – and during summer 2020. We are especially interested in projects that both help relieve hunger today and start to prevent hunger tomorrow. Learn more and apply by February 16 at www.YSA.org/SodexoYouth
Here are 8 ideas to get you started:
- Organize a food drive or fundraiser.
- Garden and grow healthy food.
- Fight food waste.
- Start a backpack feeding program.
- Volunteer at a food bank, pantry, or kitchen.
- Help people eat healthy while on a budget.
- Help families access SNAP, FRL, or summer meals.
- Advocate for policies that will end hunger.
Find tools and resources to help you lead projects for each of these ideas at www.YSA.org/SodexoYouth
Looking for additional inspiration? Check out these profiles of last year’s grantees:
If you have any questions about this program, please reach out to my colleague, Katie Reusch, at kre…@ysa.org.
Vice President of Operations
YSA (Youth Service America)
1050 Connecticut Ave NW #65525
Washington, DC 20035-5525
O: (202) 650-5061