Title of Position: Development Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Williston, VT
Girls on the Run Vermont is currently seeking a full-time Development Manager to support and advance its mission, goals, and objectives by managing the financial security of the organization.
General Position Summary:
The Development Manager is responsible for the strategic direction of planning, organizing and directing all of GOTRVT’s fundraising initiatives including sponsorships, grants, individual and corporate giving, and development initiatives for special events.
This position works closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors pertaining to all development and fundraising endeavors. Must be dynamic and spirited about networking throughout the state with potential donors and partners and can easily navigate between corporate engagement opportunities and marketing based sponsorship. Works to assist Executive Director with partnerships and relationships to propel GOTRVT forward.
Key Areas of Responsibility
· Create and implement development plan and budget
· Responsible for establishing and implementing the organization’s sponsorship and fundraising plan
· Engage in community relations outreach and networking events in an effort to develop new relationships, working in tandem with the Executive Director
· Identify, pursue and cultivate strategic partnerships and sponsor opportunities to advance GOTRVT’s financial goals
· Collaborate with Executive Director and GOTRVT staff on fundraising-related issues
· Develop and maintain effective working relationships with GOTR’s board and support the board in its fundraising efforts
· Identify sponsor and partnership opportunities related to GOTR special events
· Research and apply for new grants, steward current funding partners, and seek additional grant opportunities to maximize our funding landscape
· Responsible for reporting related to Development initiatives
· Other tasks as outlined by the Executive Director
· Urgent Drive for Results – Takes focused action to maximize impact
· Communications and Influence – Encourages open dialogue and effectively utilizes powers of persuasion
· Planning and Organizing –Prioritizes responsibilities to effectively execute strategy
· Stewardship and Accountability – Ensures that resources are utilized to create the greatest impact for our girls, coaches, families and volunteers
· Self-Management – Works independently and proactively takes ownership
· Adaptability and Flexibility – Responds well to changing demands and accepts challenging opportunities
· Sense of Humor – Ability to keep the focus on the significance of our girls’ accomplishments, exudes a sense of fun and lightheartedness with staff and board internally, and externally with sponsors, partners, donors, girls, families, coaches, and volunteers
· Three years minimum in fundraising experience, nonprofit experience ideal
· BS in business, marketing or nonprofit leadership and fundraising, or equivalent in experience
· Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong relationship building and networking skills
· Ability to work independently
Salary commensurate with experience.
Travel throughout Vermont required.
No resumes will be considered without a cover letter.
We are fortunate to have received a number of responses and will evaluate your candidacy as it relates to this position. If selected for further consideration, you will be notified by a representative of the organization.Otherwise, your resume will be maintained in our files and you may be considered for other appropriate positions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Williston, VT (Required)