I’d like to alert you do an imminent opportunity to connect with others working to make Vermont more sustainable, and to catch up on several efforts to improve our sustainability. The Vermont Green Building Network (VGBN) will be holding its spring networking event at the offices of the Vermont Energy Investment Corporation in Burlington on Wednesday, June 5 from 5:30 to 7:30 PM.
The event will begin with a reception with appetizers, ice cream and a cash bar. Then we will get updates on five programs and policies aimed at reducing dependence on fossil fuels, while supporting stronger, healthier communities:
- Efficiency Vermont’s role as we transition to cleaner energy
- The ESSEX Plan to spur economic growth, reduce energy costs and meet climate commitments
- UVM Rubenstein School ‘s Net Zero Energy Plan
- Siting renewable-energy facilities on brownfields
- The roles of communities and policy in meeting Vermont’s greenhouse-gas-emission goals
Sharing information about this event will be much appreciated.
For more information and to register for the event, visit:
– – – –
Pathmaker, there is no path; / You make the path by walking, / By walking you make the Path. ~ Antonio Machado, quoted/translated by David Whyte