Join AASCU’s American Democracy Project on Wednesday, November 1, 2017 from 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. for a free, live web conference with the editors of the new book Teaching Civic Engagement Across the Disciplines.
Teaching Civic Engagement Across the Disciplines: An ADP Web Conference
Wednesday, November 1, 2017 from 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. EST
Elizabeth Bennion, Elizabeth C. Matto, Alison Rios Millett McCartney, and Dick Simpson, the editors of this 2017 American Political Science Association publication, will share with participants a review of the goals, challenges and rewards of integrating civic education into the curriculum, while highlighting best practices across disciplines and campuses. The publication includes a diverse group of 38 contributors who approach civic engagement education from many perspectives and this webinar – as well as the text and accompanying website — is a great resource for any educator.
Key topics will include:
- New FREE Resources for You: Using the Book & Website to Maximize Civic Learning Outcomes
- Foundations of Civic Engagement Education
- Teaching Civic Engagement Across the Disciplines
- Civic Learning Beyond the Classroom
- Teaching Engagement: A Status Update and Agenda for the Future
- Register for the free web conference here.
- Learn more about the Speakers here.
- Download and read the book here.
- Access the companion website with additional resources here.