We are in need of a quick learning, hard-working person (undergrad, graduate or just someone who has the background/interest, including high school students) to work up to ~20-25 hours a week (more is negotiable) in our Burlington Water Resources Division. This person would be working primarily with our Water Resource GIS/Asset Manager and our Stormwater Program Manager.
The primary and most important task we need help with is :
- pulling invert elevations off of paper Manhole inventory sheets and getting them into our GIS collection system model. There might be some field work to go out with another staff member and get missing invert elevations on critical structures. Said person could just work on that project until it is done – or if they need something enriching until the end of the summer, we can explore other projects (see below):
- Other tasks
- Urban sanitary sewer and combined sewer subwatershed delineations
- Stormwater outfall inspections/data collection and possible water quality testing
- Downspout disconnection surveys and outreach/mini grants
- Learning about the wonders of municipal stormwater, water supply and wastewater
Pay is ~ $16/hr.
Have anyone in mind? Please have them contact us with more questions and if they are interested, send us a resume. We are looking for someone as soon as possible, so it is a bit “first come – first serve” once we find someone who would be a good fit.