Do you love nature connection programs, find that kids are best nourished when brought outside into the magical woods to explore, play, create, and learn with the help of incredible mentors? Do you want to support this work, but find your skills aren’t as keen with a bowdrill set as they are managing the backend of a WooCommerce site?
A few winters ago I coded the current website and it’s worked well, but there are definitely a lot of leaks in the roof and rather than work to patch ’em all up I’ve decided to build a new house! We want the new “house” to represent our organization in terms of both content and presentation, with all that retina ready responsive jargony stuff the internet is so capable of delivering these days.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Setting up a shop with WooCommerce (to handle registrations)
- Familiarity with Slider Revolution and the Avada theme a plus, but are happy to switch
- Ability to optimize load times
- Set up multiple galleries
- Integrate MailChimp with site,
- Add other functionality to site as needed
- We’re looking to launch a limited chunk of the website soon, but have the full site up by mid-May
- The project will likely be around 20-40 hours.
- You’d be working with me to identify needs for the site, but working independently on adding functionality, creating templates for pages, portfolios, and posts using different plugins (e.g. Photo Gallery, The Events Calendar, Slider Revolution, etc).
- May require you to teach me to update/maintain some of the features
- While we love volunteers, we do have a budget for the project
mailing address is:
56 Latham Ct. Burlington, VT 05401
More Information at: