A long awaited update I am sure… 😉
- Parking permits available to order TOMORROW August 3rd at champlain.thepermitstore.com.
- This year’s improvements:
- Only two permit types…”Zone 1” (still free) and “Main Campus”
- “Zone 1” still includes Lakeside but now also has NEW FREE parking options available around Main Campus, which include City Streets, South House, North House and Sanders Hall.
- If you want to park closer…
- Skiff, 158 South Willard St, 371 Main Street and 396 Main Street (all the lots on the north side of campus) are all 50c per hour between the hours of 8am-4pm, and free after that.
- MIC (the Library), Summit, Rowell/Jensen are all $1 per hour (with an additional 30c transaction fee per session) between the hours of 8am-4pm, and free after that.
- “Main Campus” permit (combining Zones 3 and 4) is $200 per semester and allows you to park in ANY of the regular lots EXCEPT MIC and Skiff without having to pay any more. In short it means more options than before, including an all-day use of Summit Hall lot (which was a popular request).
- The old parking meters are being removed. They reached the end of their serviceable life and the replacement/maintenance costs were too much in this day and age. Luckily we still have Parkmobile. Parkmobile have added more ways to pay than just the App too (new signs coming).
- New map coming soon
- For Thursday Aug 26th First Year Move-In Day Morning…ALL employees are asked to park at either: Lakeside, Non-Closed City Streets, North House or Sanders Hall. All other lots will be used for families moving in and we need every available space. Shuttles will be running at 6am if you choose Lakeside. Arriving after noon?…go crazy.
- The Lakeside Shuttle resumes service Sunday August 15th
- Between August 16-25 will be one shuttle from 7am-6pm
- August 26 and 27th will have special move-in day shuttles all day
- Regular two shuttle service begins on August 30th (the first day of classes) and will service Lakeside, 194 Saint Paul Street and Main Campus on a continuous loop.
- We are currently working on a plan to upgrade our GPS system to be a little more 21st century, with greater flexibility for drivers to swap the units over anytime they need to use a different bus and with a predicted arrival time feature to better help you predict when the bus will be there next.
- Still operating and still free to ride
- Buses have reverted back to the “old” system of route numbers and destinations. For example, the Red Line has gone back to being #1 – Williston.
- Track any of the GMT buses in the system, see the routes and stops here or on the “Transit” app.
- Phase 2 has launched with 200 bikes
- Entire fleet are now electric-assist bikes (making the rider quicker and easier!!) and double the number of hubs.
- 3 new hubs close to Champlain at Finney Quad, Saint Paul St (in front of Juice Amour) and in front of DPW at Lakeside Avenue!!
- Annual Campus Plan costs only $39 for Champlain employees (only 75 cents per week!!) which includes 30 minutes of ride time per day. After that a per minute fee gets added
- Super excited that with the hub at Lakeside and CCM, that more employees will be able to use it to get back and forth.
- Also excited that with more hubs in more locations that people can actually use it to commute from home or use the bus and commute from the closest bus stop.