CarShare Vermont is looking for an organized, enthusiastic and outgoing individual to join our team as our Campus Outreach intern. This internship will be focused on coordinating and expanding CarShare Vermont’s campus presence at the University of Vermont and Champlain College, through participation in campus events, taking on a variety of communication and marketing tasks, and educating the student body about the benefits of sustainable transportation. This is an excellent opportunity for those who wish to gain experience working with a mission driven and community focused non-profit.
This position will report to Alicia Taylor, CarShare Vermont’s Director of Community Engagement, and will work under the guidance and support of staff and board members.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
• Serve as our campus ambassador and help identify new student focused outreach opportunities that connect the organization to the campus community.
• Represent CarShare Vermont at relevant events on UVM and Champlain campuses, including at resource fairs, campus tablings, and other events with a transportation or environment element.
• Coordinate the distribution of posters and flyers, both on campus and throughout Burlington and Winooski.
• Assist with CarShare Vermont’s social media presence.
• Coordinate presentations to student clubs, organizations, and at other relevant opportunities.
• Assist the staff at the downtown office with light administrative and communication tasks.
• Interest and commitment towards our mission. An academic focus or personal commitment towards sustainable transportation and environmental practices is a plus!
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and confidence when speaking to individuals and groups
• Highly organized with a good eye for detail
• Responsible and able to work independently
• Must be reliable, punctual, and professional
• Knowledge of basic computer use required.
• An interest and knowledge of social media (particularly Facebook and Instagram). Having experience creating or administering pages or accounts for other organizations is a plus!
• Ability to attend meetings and participate in activities at our downtown office including occasional night and weekend activities
• A willingness to use the bus, bike, or walk to events when possible!
Applicants must also be eligible for membership with CarShare Vermont. Requirements for membership include having a valid driver’s license, two years of driving experience, and a clean driving record.
Existing and past CarShare Vermont members preferred!
This position will begin in early June. The ideal candidate will be available for the summer and into the academic year. Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Campus Outreach Intern” as the subject line. Please note that while this internship is unpaid, a free annual
membership to CarShare Vermont and $150 monthly driving credit stipend will be awarded. There is also the possibility for continued growth within the organization for the right candidate. We would also be happy to work towards the candidate receiving academic credit for this internship.