Summer Internship Opportunities at VEIC

Do you know someone who’s craving an environment that challenges them to challenge themselves, a place to put their passions and talents towards a purpose, a place to gain experience that takes them further on their path? Are they driven by a desire to solve some of the world’s most challenging issues, like climate change and economic inequity?

Someone once recognized those things in me, which is how I come to be emailing you today. My name is Dylan Cullen and I manage the summer internship program at Vermont Energy Investment Corporation and Efficiency Vermont. Our summer internships are one of the best developmental opportunities available in our community for people looking to learn, grow, and explore a passion for the planet and the life it sustains through sustainable and justice-focused energy work. I say that with confidence because two years ago, I launched my career here as a summer intern. I was able to take full advantage of the mentorship, training, and experiential learning opportunities that were built into the program in addition to the rigorous and rewarding workload that came along with the role itself.

The work culture here is unlike any other – flexible and personal, intensely innovative, and encouraging of all to become their best selves and do their best work. For our interns as well as our staff, this culture paired with competitive pay and benefits is the reason that so many of us feel that work is more a community we’re a part of than a job we hold. That, and our office overlooks Lake Champlain, giving us distractingly beautiful views.

Our internships for Summer 2018 can be found here. I encourage you to share them with bright, thoughtful, and motivated individuals with a deep commitment to the environment and justice, but especially those who may face barriers to opportunities like this, such as their inner saboteur! Our organization has a fierce commitment to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Why? Because climate change impacts all of us, though we recognize that we’re affected differently based on our identities and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our collective future. We hope that people with a vast diversity of lived experiences will join us as we work towards our vision for a healthy planet, thriving people, and energy justice.

As you share these opportunities, feel free to encourage folks to reach out to me with questions. Our deadline for application is Friday, February 9th. I look forward to hearing from you, and to seeing the applications of those you inspire to apply!

Thanks, and best wishes,

Dylan Cullen, VEIC (Champlain Grad ’17)