Can Higher Education Recapture the Elusive American Dream?
2018 Annual Meeting
January 24–27, 2018
Annual Meeting Call for Proposals Open
The Call for Proposals is now open for AAC&U’s 2018 Annual Meeting, which will be held January 24-27, 2018, in Washington, DC. The deadline for proposals is Friday,
Can Higher Education Recapture the Elusive American Dream? will address higher education’s role in the American Dream in the face of a public narrative that argues the two have become disconnected.
The conference will reinforce the alignment of higher education, life, work, and citizenship by highlighting evidence-based educational practices guided by clearly articulated goals for student learning—practices designed for students of all backgrounds and across all disciplines and institution types.
With an emphasis on how higher education can and does serve as a catalyst for economic success, democratic vitality, and social participation, conference tracks include:
- Campus Climate, Institutional Structures, and Student Success
- Connecting General Education with Life, Work, and Citizenship
- Making the Case for Higher Education to Multiple Audiences
- Preparing Students to be Globally-Minded Civic Problem Solvers
- Innovation and Inclusion—the Power of Digital Pedagogy
- Preparing Faculty and Future Faculty for Teaching Excellence
AAC&U invites proposals of innovative, interactive, substantive sessions that will raise provocative questions, engage participants with evidence of “what works,” and create and encourage dialogue—before, during, and after the conference. We look forward to seeing you in Washington and welcome your proposals.