The Transportation Committee has approved a plan where employees can park on campus again this summer, free of charge, starting May 8th. Yes you read that right…but there will likely be even more restricted days based on events compared to last summer. In order to make this freedom possible, there are a few exceptions and things you need to know:
- Summer parking STARTS Monday MAY 8th. Until then, it is parking like during the academic year (ie parking in the correct zone, using the shuttles etc). If there are faculty members attending May Collaboration that need a temp permit for medical or family reasons, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parking WILL still be enforced during the summer, tickets will be written for things like not having a current parking permit and restricted spaces etc, and towing will be enforced as marked at the lots. Be smart people.
- Your Spring 2017 parking permit will continue to be valid this summer. Keep your current sticker on your windshield. If you do not have a Spring 2017 permit please register your vehicle ASAP by ordering a free Zone 1 permit at champlain.thepermitstore.com.
- Any employee may park in any Zone 3 or 4 lot, the two metered lots or any zoned street space with your Spring 2016 parking permit. Meters will be turned off beginning May 9th. Remember that any street that is not zoned for Champlain parking is considered a prohibited parking location.
- Lots will frequently be reserved for Event Center guest groups, and you will be required to park further away. Get familiar with the parking map. Please honor any signs at lots when you see them. If you park in a lot that is reserved for an event, you will be ticketed. Some days will be heavy and lots will be full. Watch for Event Center’s Friday emails. There may be a few days when everyone will be asked to park at Lakeside and shuttle up the hill. Feel free to contact the Event Center if there is a day you want more information about.
- Visitors and Event Guests will still need temporary visitor permits. Employees can order temporary visitor permits at champlain.thepermitstore.com for their guests. Large Event groups will park at Lakeside and shuttle in.
- Starting Monday May 8th, we will have two shuttles on the following schedule:
- One Lakeside shuttle will run on the continuous loop from 7am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
- A second shuttle will run only during rush hours from 7-9am and 4-6pm.
- We will run a small 15 passenger Spinner and Bayberry Shuttle during Senior/RA Training Week (May 8-12) on a continuous loop from 7am-9pm. Track it at shuttle.champlain.edu (it will be the one with the ‘B’)
- During the summer there will be no Spinner, Bayberry, Late Night or Weekend Shuttles.
- Don’t forget to enroll in CATMA’s free Guaranteed Ride Home program in case you miss the last shuttle from Lakeside.
- Your Spring 2017 Zone 2 or 5 parking permit will continue to be valid this summer. Keep your current sticker on your windshield. If you do not have a Spring 2017 permit please register your vehicle ASAP at champlain.thepermitstore.com. The cost is $30 for the summer for those who have not previously had the Spring permit.
- Parking is just like the academic year…where permit holders may park on campus at night and on weekends, but are still required to park at 115 Lakeside from 8am-4pm on weekdays and use the shuttle.
- Radiography students with a Spring 2017 Zone 5 permit are permitted to park at North House and Sanders lots, not Boardman Hall or 396 Main like during the semester, 24/7 hours.
- Spinner residents in the summer, pay for parking through Spinner Place management.
- Don’t forget that you are welcome to use your ID to get free rides on all City buses during the summer too.
Other Awesome Stuff:
- Join us for the ChampRidersCruise – a weekly, slow bike ride at 1pm every Wednesday, leaving from the IDX parking lot. Take out one of the ChampRides bikeshare bikes!
- Now is a good time to enrol in CATMA’s Bike/Walk Rewards program where you earn gift cards to Skirack, Merrill’s Roxy or City Market for simply biking or walking 3 days a week.
- Want a free car? We cover the annual membership for any employee or student to join CarshareVT, insurance and gas included, all you pay is the usage!
- Join us for a bike fix a flat workshop on May 3rd. Check the details and tell us you are coming here.
- Summer residents also have access to indoor bike parking in Juniper too. Check out the details at champlain.edu/bike/indoorbicyclestorage