The Transportation Committee has approved a plan where employees can park on campus again this summer, free of charge, starting May 9th. Yes you read that right…but there will likely be more restricted days based on events compared to last summer.
In order to make this freedom possible, there are a few important things you need to know:
- Summer parking STARTS Monday MAY 9th. Until then, it is parking like during the academic year (ie parking in the correct zone, using the shuttles etc). If there are faculty members attending May Collaboration that need a temp permit for medical or family reasons in that first week, please email email@example.com.
- Parking WILL still be enforced, tickets will be written for things like not having a parking permit and restricted spaces etc, and towing will be enforced as marked at the lots. Be smart people.
- Your Spring 2016 parking permit will continue to be valid this summer. Keep your current sticker on your windshield. If you do not have one please register your vehicle ASAP by ordering a free Zone 1 permit at champlain.thepermitstore.com.
- Any employee may park in any Zone 3 or 4 lot, the two metered lots or any zoned street space with your Spring 2016 parking permit. Meters will be turned off beginning May 9th. Remember that any street that is not zoned for Champlain parking is considered a prohibited parking location.
- Lots will frequently be reserved for Event Center guest groups, and you will be required to park further away. Get familiar with the parking map. Please honor any signs at lots when you see them so we don’t have to adjust the plan. Some days will be heavy and lots will be full. Watch for Event Center’s Friday emails. There may be a few days when everyone will be asked to park at Lakeside and shuttle up the hill. Feel free to contact the Event Center if there is a day you want more information about.
- Visitors and Event Guests will still need temporary visitor permits. Employees can order temporary visitor permits at champlain.thepermitstore.com for their guests. Large Event groups will park at Lakeside and shuttle in.
- If you park at Lakeside and have the ability to go home early on Friday 15th for Admitted Student Day #2, we would love your help in freeing up spaces for the late afternoon. More details here.
- Summer Residential Students are still required to register (see #3 above) and may park on campus at night and on weekends, but must park at 115 Lakeside (Gilbane) between 8am-4pm M-F and use the shuttle.
- Radiography students with a Zone 5 sticker will be required to park at North House lot, not Boardman Hall, during daytime hours.
- Sanders Hall lot is not available for any regular parking during the summer.
- Starting Monday May 9th, we will have two shuttles on the following schedule:
- One Lakeside shuttle will run on the continuous loop from 7am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
- A second shuttle will run only during rush hours from 7-9am and 4-6pm.
- We WILL run one small 15 passenger Spinner Shuttle during Senior Week (May 9-13) on a continuous loop from 7am-9pm.
- We will also run two Spinner buses for Commencement on Saturday May 14th to get Spinner Seniors there and back again. One will do 7:30am-3pm and the other will just do morning rush from 7:45am-10am.
- During the summer there will be no Spinner or Weekend Shuttles.
- Don’t forget to enroll in CATMA’s free Guaranteed Ride Home program in case you miss the last shuttle.
Other Awesome Stuff:
- Join us for the ChampRidersCruise – a weekly, slow bike ride at 1pm every Wednesday, leaving from the IDX parking lot. Take out one of the ChampRides bikeshare bikes!
- Now is a good time to enroll in CATMA’s Bike/Walk Rewards program where you earn gift cards to Skirack, Merrells Roxy or City Market for simply biking or walking 3 days a week.
- Want a free car? We cover the annual membership for any employee or student to join CarshareVT, insurance and gas included, all you pay is the usage!
- Keep an eye on the Champlain Transportation Facebook page for upcoming bike events (three coming up in April and May!) and other awesome stuff.