Indigenous Community Gatherings at Champlain & In The Area

Hello everyone, I just wanted to inform you of an effort to bring together NDN students, staff, and faculty here at Champlain and introduce them to the community at large to create a wider network of support and foster new connections. I was recently contacted by the UVM ALANA Center to work with a native student that feels isolated from her community and I thought it would be beneficial if we could bring everyone into the fold because she is certainly not the only person that feels this way. I am a citizen of the Elnu Abenaki Tribe and would love to host socials in the area for any NDN students, staff, and faculty to attend.

If you or any students (that you are aware of) would like to attend socials and/or drum circles please contact me and I will connect folks with ongoing events. Last semester we held a few drum circles here at Champlain and while small they were always fun! We hope to do so again based upon the amount of interest we receive.

Our next social/drum circle is this coming Thursday here in Burlington. Please email me for more details if you are interested. We hope to see more people!

Best,

Melody Brook

Residential Life
802-865-5487

Skiff Hall 116